It was a cloudy day at the allotment today, the place was pretty much empty so it was just me, nature and some . The main task today was a little DIY, I’m building the base for the polytunnel which has involved the creation of a raised and a sunken bed.
A while ago down near the bottom of the 24/A I painted the bowl of an old green discarded wheel barrow with bits of black bitumen paint, giving it a sort of camouflage look. I turned it upside down and lent it outside against the chicken mesh of the fence.
Today I was up at the allotment by myself; mainly to make sure that our turnips were okay, which they were. On the spur of the moment I decided to bring forward the creation of a pond in what will be our wildlife area. It’s a small pond,
I’m sure I’m not the only person who has had trouble deciding how to deal with paths in the allotment. We’ve tried stony, wood chip, straw and now we’re moving onto grass. We recently purchased a manual lawn mower which cuts a 30cm/1′ strip but was not very tolerant of